Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pulled Pork

Honestly, this is the best thing ever-- spend 5 seconds to make a dinner that will last all week. And its delicious.

1. Have a crock pot.  (I bought one for this.  Worth it.)
2. Put 3 Ingredients in the pot.  I used:
  • pork shoulder aka pork butt (I bought a huge thing from Costco, 8 lbs)
  • 1 full bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's, and 
  • 2 cans of soda (you can use Dr Pepper, root beer, Cherry Cola... whatevs-- I did caffeine-free Coke).  Some people also say to use your favorite seasoning on the pork before you put it in-- up to you. I did a little salt and a little Lowry's.  I don't think it is necessary, but again, up to you.
3. Turn on crock pot and let cook on high for 6-8 hours.
4. Shred meat and call to tell me how awesome I am for sharing this with you.

Serve on Heather's awesome homemade rolls. Add cheese if you're "like that."

PS Also it's the BEST thing to make if you're bringing dinner to people because it is delicious comfort food, cheap, and super simple. You can also freeze the leftovers or feed an army-- when I made this it lasted for at least 16 servings.  Prob more like 20. And cost way less than $20 total. Serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment