1 1/2 c butter shopping list
1 c white kayro
1 c sugar
3 c Rice Chex
3 c Corn Chex
6 c golden grahams
1/2 c coconut
How to make it
In large bowl combine cereals, coconut and almonds
In saucepan combine butter, sugar and kayro
Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes
Pour over cereal mixture
Spread on wax paper till slightly dry to touch
Separate into bite-sized clusters
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Time: 2 hours
Yield: Serves 8
-8 medium acorn squash (roundish)
-4 Tbls. mild extra virgin olive oil
-1 medium yellow onion, chopped
-1 tsp. smoked paprika
-2 Tbls. chopped sage, plus several leaves for garnish
-about 1 1/2 tsp. course sea salt
-2 galic cloves, chopped
-5 to 6 cups chicken broth
-1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
-1/2 cup creme fraiche (I used heavy whipping cream,
but you can make your own creme with
buttermilk and whipping cream)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cut top third off each squash. Scoop out seeds from squash bottoms and tops; discard. Trim just enough off bottom of each squash so that it sits straight. (Don't cut off too much).
2. Set squash bottoms and tops on 2 large baking sheets and drizzle with about 2 Tbsp. oil, rubbing it all over insides and rims. Bake 45 to 55 mins. or until flesh is soft and golden brown, but before squash start collapsing.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaning 2 Tbsp. oil in a large pot over medium heat; add onion, paprika, sage, and 1/2 tsp. salt and cook until golden brown , about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
4. Scoop cooked flesh from squash into pot, leaving enough flesh so that squash keep their shape. Pave over any holes in squash "bowls" with some cooked squash and keep them warm.
5. To pot add 5 cups stock, remaing 1 tsp. salt and the pepper. bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add salt to taste.
6. Puree soup in batches in a blender, adding more stock if soup is too thick (cover top with a towel to keep hot soup from spurting out). Reheat in pot. Stir in creme fraiche and more stock if necessary.
7. Laddle soup into squash bowls and top with sage leaves.