I found this recipe on the Food Network but tweaked it a bit and included my adjustments first:
First I doubled the recipe. I used a jar of artichoke hearts and quartered them instead of frozen artichokes. Oh, and after I cooked the spinach I spent a while making sure it was COMPLETELY drained because otherwise I think it would make it kind of soupy and gross otherwise (other people in the reviews complained it was soupy and I think that is why). Also I skipped the red pepper flakes, and used fresh crushed garlic instead of the powder. I topped with Parmesan which I really liked to do-- the more cheese the better, right?Oh and then I baked it on 375 somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes, not exactly sure (keep an eye on it, but long enough for cheese to look all delicious).
- 1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
- 11/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts (you can chop, but the chunks are the best part!)
- 6 ounces good cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I probably used less, and only used it to cut the taste of the sour cream. I actually used low-fat too because I think its less offensive than the full fat stuff)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (I probably used like 3/4 c. instead, ha)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omitted)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (fresh crushed sub)
Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. Discard liquid. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. Stir in rest of ingredients and serve hot.