2-3 cooked chicken breasts
4 c chicken broth
4 c broccoli (chopped into small pieces)
¾ c butter
¾ c flour
1 quart half and half
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook 2-3 chicken breasts and chop into small pieces (boiled chicken might work well)
2. Bring 4 cups chicken broth to a boil. Add broccoli, simmer 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. White Sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan. Whisk in flour until smooth over medium heat. Pour in half and half. Stir until it thickens, then gradually add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
4. Bring broccoli and broth to a simmer again and slowly pour in the white cheese sauce. Continue to stir until thickens. Add some coarse black pepper.
5. Add cooked chicken, and heat until chicken is warm again.